Microsoft Whiteboard makes it easy to share ideas and collaborate with everyone in the same Microsoft Teams meeting.
Here are some of the key benefits of using Whiteboard in Teams:
- Bring teams together in one inclusive space for co-creation: You can now create a new whiteboard or open up an existing one directly in a Teams meeting. There's no need to switch between apps or share your screen.
- Real time collaboration across all devices: Everyone in the meeting can view and edit the board simultaneously across any device, allowing them to bring new ideas and co-create together.
- Re-use an existing Whiteboard across multiple meetings: Users can choose an existing whiteboard to share in a Teams meeting. This allows you to prepare a whiteboard ahead of time or continue working iteratively on a project.
Share / create a whiteboard in a meeting
You can share a new/existing whiteboard with all participants in a Teams meeting. That same whiteboard is available across all devices.
You can also choose an existing whiteboard to share in a Teams meeting. This makes it easy to prepare a whiteboard ahead of time or continue working on a project outside of Teams.
To share a whiteboard in a Teams meeting:
- Select the Share icon in the meeting's share tray.
- Select Microsoft Whiteboard.
- The board picker view will open. Select an existing board from the list or start a new board.
If a whiteboard is already associated with the meeting, Teams will share that board by default. You can choose a different board to share by navigating to the Home icon in the top left.
Add text in Whiteboard
- Select the Create button in the toolbar, then select Add text.
- Click on the canvas to add a text box.
- You can also choose a specific area of the canvas, press and hold (on touch devices) or right-click to open the Context menu, and then select Text.
To edit, copy, or delete existing text
- Select the text box and then select the Edit text (pencil) button.
- Select the Text color picker button (circle) to choose a new text color. The font cannot be changed.
- Select the Delete(del) button (trash can) to delete the text box.
- Select the Copy button (double square) to copy the text. Press and hold (on touch devices) or right-click on the canvas to open the Context menu, and then select Copy.
Open the Create box to access the following features:
- Add notes and note grids
- Draw and ink
- Ruler and shapes
- Insert pictures and documents
- Insert templates