What is the Enterprise Vault?
The enterprise vault is where your archived emails are stored. Every user has a virtual vault attached to their mailbox that can only be accessed by that user. 46 days after you receive/send an email it will vault and move to your virtual vault folder (See “Where is my Virtual Vault” section below).
Inside your mailbox you will see the following 3 folders (see screen shot to the right). These are your retention folders, which means they will retain the mail inside them for the indicated time in their name (i.e. 2 Years for the 002 Years Retention). Once the item is older than the indicated time (i.e. 2 Years) it will be deleted from the vault.
Where is my Virtual Vault?
- Open Outlook
- Using the scroll bar to the right of your folder list pane, scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- You should see a mailbox that says Vault – then your name (DES).
- Click the arrow to the left of Vault – your name to expand all of your vault folders.
Where did my eMails Go?
Once your email is 46 days old it will automatically vault and move from your regular Inbox down to your Virtual Vault folder.
Where did the Mail Go that I just moved to My Virtual Vault folder?
Your vault synchronizes with the server. Depending on the cycle, you may need to resynch your vault.
Follow the instructions below to manually synchronize your vault.
- Open Outlook
- Click on the Enterprise Vault tab
- Click the Synchronize button
- Verify the process is successful
- Once the process finishes successfully, click Closed