In this article you will learn how to set up Skype Audio and make audio calls.
SET UP YOUR AUDIO DEVICE
First things first: set up your audio device and check the quality.
You can use your computer’s mic and speakers, plug in a headset.
- Click Select Your Primary Device in the lower-left corner of the main Skype for Business window.
- Click Audio Device Settings.
- Pick your device from the Audio Device menu, and adjust the speaker and mic volume.
START A CALL
- Hover on a contact’s pic until the quick menu appears.
- Click the Phone button.
START A CONFERENCE CALL
- In your Contacts list, select multiple contacts by holding the Ctrl key, and clicking the names.
- Right-click any of the selected names, then click Start a Conference Call.
- Click Skype Call.
ANSWER A CALL
When someone calls you, an alert pops up in the lower-right of your screen.
- To answer the call, click anywhere on the photo area.
To reject the call, click Ignore.
- To start an instant messaging (IM) conversation with the caller instead of an audio call, click Options, and then Reply by IM.
- To reject the call and other calls, until you change your status click Options, and then Set to Do not Disturb.
INVITE MORE PEOPLE TO A CALL
- In the Meeting pane, click or, in the Participants pane, click
- Select or multi-select (Ctrl-click) from your contacts, or type someone’s name or phone number in the Search field, then select them from the results. Click OK.
- Your new invitees receive a request to join your call.
ADD AUDIO TO AN IM CONVERSATION
In the conversation window, click the Phone button.
USE AUDIO CALL CONTROLS
During a call, point to the buttons to do the following:
- To put the call on hold, click the Hold
- To mute your audio, click the Mic button in the conversation window.
- If call transferring is available for your account, click the Transfer button, and select the number you want.
- To hang up, click the Phone button in the conversation window.
FORWARD YOUR PHONE CALLS
Do you want your calls to go to your Voice Mail or to your cell phone or a hotel room phone?
- In the lower-left of the main Skype for Business window, click the Call Forwarding button.
- Select Forward Calls To.
- Select New Number or Contact. Choose a contact, or type a number in the Forward Calls field.
TURN OFF CALL FORWARDING