If you are not able to log into ESS from the intranet link, you can try logging into ESS from a web browser instead. Please follow the steps below if you are having trouble using a shortcut to ESS from the Intranet or from the Tech Help shortcut on your desktop.
- Close all browser windows and start again in a different browser: Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Make sure you are connected to the network (from a work PC or your home PC).
- Log on to the Employee Self Service (ESS) Portal by clicking this link https://myhrms.wa.gov or copy the link and paste it in the address bar at the top of your browser window.
- When prompted to sign on with one of the accounts, select “Active Directory”
- Make sure your pop-ups are enabled (since Earnings Statements open up as a PDF in Acrobat Reader).