The dual-monitor display feature allows the video layout and screen share content to be placed on two separate monitors/screens. Gallery or speaker view can be displayed on one monitor while the other monitor displays a content share. This is useful for PPT presentations and hiding notes from the participants.
To enable the dual monitors feature for your own use:
- Sign in to the Zoom Client.
- Click your profile picture then click Settings.
- Click the General tab.
- Navigate to the Use dual monitors option and verify that the setting is enabled.
NOTE: Once you turn the Dual monitor selection on, it will be enabled for all of your Zoom meetings. If you only want to use this feature temporarily, go back to the settings and uncheck the box. You can NOT make the setting change while you are in a meeting. You will need to leave the meeting and come back.
Using dual-monitor displays in a Meeting
After joining or starting a meeting, you will see a Zoom window on each monitor. The meeting controls and participant's video will display on one monitor, while the other monitor will just display participants' video.
When you start sharing your screen, you can continue to view participant's video on the other monitor:
Enabling simultaneous screen sharing as the meeting host
- Start your Zoom meeting as the host.
- Click the upward arrow to the right of Share Screen , then select Multiple participants can share simultaneously.
This allows multiple participants to share their screen at the same time.
Note: Zoom Rooms and participants using the Zoom mobile app can only share if no one else is sharing.
Sharing screens at the same time
Any participants (including the host) using the Zoom desktop client can click Share Screen to begin sharing. Even if a someone is already sharing a screen, another participant can begin sharing. Learn more about sharing your screen.
Depending on their setup, participants will see the following:
- Participants using dual monitors can see the two most recently shared screens on each monitor.
- Participants using a single monitor see the most recently shared screen. Participants can select View Options to change the screen they are viewing.
- Participants using the Zoom mobile app see the most recently shared screen. They cannot change the screen they are viewing.
As the host, you can choose to switch to the option One participant can share at a time for any portion of the meeting. See the instructions on how to share a screen when only one participant can share at a time.
Sharing multiple screens simultaneously has the following limitations:
- When you enable the option to share multiple screens simultaneously, the options Share computer audio and Optimize for full-screen video clip are not available.
- Participants in Zoom Rooms or using the mobile app cannot share when anyone else is sharing.
- This feature is not available for use in Webinars.