How to Replace an Existing SCORM/eLearning
- Click on Administration
- Click on the word Administration
- Click on Learning Activities
- Search for the Online Learning you want to update
- Click Edit
- Click Send to Stage
- Click Optional
- Navigate to Web Based Training --> General
- Browse for new file to upload
- Enter a reason for replacing the Learning Activity content:
- Click Upload
One of two things happens next:
If there aren’t any changes to the manifest file, the content gets replaced and you can skip to Step 13 (below) for when this happens.
If there’s a change in the manifest file, a pop-up displays asking about the structure. You can either:
Keep the structure: This replaces the content without replacing the manifest file. You should select this for situations where the manifest file has been modified but the structure remains the same.
Replace the structure: This replaces the entire structure, including the manifest file. You should select this when there are manifest changes that affect the structure.
Not sure what option you should select? This chart should help:
If you selected Replace the Structure, another pop-up displays asking you how you want to handle the status of all users currently in-progress. You can either:
Re-Register: Any users currently in-progress return to a Registered status and will have to restart with the new version.
Keep In-Progress: Any users currently in-progress remain with their current in-progress status and will complete the old version.
Regardless of which option you choose, the learner will have their progress deleted and will have to start the activity from the beginning. We recommend always choosing Re-Register so that in-progress users don't have to take a new registration action to see the Start button.
Assigned or registered learners who haven't launched the activity yet won't see any change in their status.
- (Optional) Once the content has finished uploading, click Preview to view the activity and make sure it’s working as expected.
- Update any additional settings on this page as needed.
- Click Validate for Production
- Click Move to Production