Learning Activity – Instructor-led Class
Instructor-led Training (ILT) Courses/Classes are the vehicle to set up training where an instructor interacts with learners. Often this training takes place in person, but it could also take place online via a virtual meeting room.
The ILT class activity type is one half of the equation. You use ILT classes or sessions to offer the same training at different times, dates, and/or across multiple locations with different instructors. The ILT activity structure in TLC is:
- ILT Course – This is the overall training that “hosts” the different offerings
- ILT Classes – These are the general time spans and locations where the training is offered. ILT Courses and split into ILT Classes which allows the course content to be offered multiple times.
- Sessions – These are the specific times the training takes place. ILT Classes can be split into sessions.
- Make sure this is the right activity type. There are other similar activity types that may be more useful.
- If you need to set up a one-time ILT activity, you can just create an ILT Class
- If your domain has integrated with Webex, Adobe Connect, iLinc, Zoom, or Live Meeting and you want to either schedule a life online event or upload a recorded one, create a virtual session.
- If you need to create a recurring activity across dozens of sessions (such as a proctored assessment) consider using a dynamic Offering.
- If this activity is instructor-led make sure your instructors exist in the system and have the instructor checkbox selected on their Administrator profile.
- If this activity is on-location, make sure any required locations, facilities, equipment, or vendors are in the system.
- Add Instructors, location, cost, equipment to the class not the course.
1. Click Admin
2. Click Learning Management
3. Click Activity Management
4. Click Learning Activities. This will open a new screen.
5. Click on New Activity
6. Scroll down to ILT Course. This will take you to the Wizard.
16. Configure General Properties for the Activity
- Primary Domain
- Add an Image (optional)
- Verify the Activity Type is ILT Course
- Input the Code
- Add a Description
- Input the Owner
- Add a Contact
- Add the Email for the contact(s)
- Input a URL for the program
- Input Keywords
17. Click Optional
18. Navigate to Configure general properties for your activity -->Grading and Completion
- Click the checkbox for Contribute to parent activity completion
- Decide if it is Required
- Determine the Grading Scale
- Input a Minimum percent
- Input the estimated duration
- Input Estimated Credit Hours
- Input the Number of child activities to successfully complete
- Pick a rule for child activities
- Determine the Diploma Template you are using
- Determine Electronic Signature settings
- Decide if you are enabling automatic activity completion
19. Add additional optional settings: (if desired)
- Auto Completion processed
- Calculate change in completion status
- Learners can view and print diploma certificates after passing at least one evaluationL
- Enable Learning Activity Sequencing
- Approval settings
- Indicate if you wish to Require a Comment when requesting Completion
- Determine Roster settings for “Attended” or “Waived” attempts
20. Click OK
21. Navigate to Schedule-->General
- Input Start Date and Time
- Input End Date and Time
- Set a Registration Deadline (optional)
- Set a Cancelation Deadline (optional
- Verify Time zone is set to America/Los Angeles
- Click the checkbox to check for conflicts (optional)
22. Click OK
23. Navigate to Registration-->Availability
- Click Open for registration
- If you are using this in a curricula click Allow one click registration.
- Determine Minimum Capacity
- Determine Maximum Capacity
- Set Default Approver
- Click the checkbox Enable Form-Based Approvals to use Form Based Approvals
- Select the Approval Workflow
- Input Block Roster settings (optional)
24. Navigate to Registration --> Audience
- Associate the registration audience with the learning activity
25. Navigate to Registration --> Prerequisites (optional)
26. Navigate to Resources--Instructors
- Add Instructors
27. Navigate to Resources-->Locations
- Add Locations
28. Navigate to Resources-->Equipment
- Add Equipment
29. Navigate to Notifications-->System
- Inactivate all active notifications
- Select the few notifications you wish to use and activate them
- Double check the cc: checkboxes and uncheck Manager unless you really want notifications going to managers
30. Click Validate for Production
31. Click Move to Production