Description: In this job Aid, you will learn how to navigate to a specific activity and assign the activity by User, Domain, Audience etc. For the purposes of this job aid we will be using Audience.
- If you choose to specify a Time Zone, Learning Management calculates the due date based on that time zone for all users, regardless of their preferred time zone. Reporting and notifications also adjust to reflect this.
- If you are using Within [number of] Days and a learner gets assigned to the same activity through multiple methods (for example, both through a job and an audience), Learning Management calculates the due date from the most recent date users are assigned the training. For example, if they are assigned the activity on June 13 as part of an audience and on June 17 individually, Learning Management calculates the due date based on the June 17 assignment.
Landing Page Navigation:
- Click on Admin Tab.
- Click on Learning Management.
- Click on Activity Management.
- Click on Learning Activities, this will open the activity management screen.
- Create a New Activity or search to Edit an existing one. For the purpose of job aid we are going to search and modify an existing activity.
- Click on
- If needed, send the activity to stage.
- Click on
- Under Management, Select how you would like to assign the activity. You can assign activities by Users, Orgs, Jobs, or Audiences. While some of your search and view options may vary depending on which assignment method you choose, the general steps are similar. For the purpose of this job aid we will select Audience.
- Click add.
- On the Audience assignment screen you can select Audience required to apply to all of the audiences or only specific audiences. For the purpose of the job aid we have selected apply to all.
Apply to All: If you selected multiple users or audiences, you can select this checkbox to ensure every learner has the same information. If you wish to give each user or audience unique information (such as different due dates), then leave this checkbox blank. Instead, scroll down to the individual users or audiences and fill in the details for each one. It applies the options to all of the groups (or individuals if you are assigning by user) that you have added.
Note: If a learner gets assigned to the same activity through multiple methods (for example, both through a job and an audience), Required training takes precedence.
- Select the dropdown arrow to assign the activity as required or recommended.
Required Training: Learners must register and complete this mandatory training.
Recommended training: Learners are free to choose whether they want to register and complete recommended training. This training is not mandatory.
- Ignore previous completions checkbox: Select this checkbox if you want to assign the activity to leaners even if they have already completed the activity.
- Set the calendar date for TLC to look back at previous completions.
- Set the activity assignment date. This is date the user(s) are assigned to the activity. You can choose Today, a set number of Days from today, or On a specified calendar date. For the purposes of this job aid we have chosen On a specified calendar date.
- Set your Time Zone. We are recommending America/Los Angles. If you choose to specify a Time Zone, Learning Management calculates the due date based on that time zone for all users, regardless of their preferred time zone. Reporting and notifications also adjust to reflect this.
- Set Due Date. This is the date the user(s) need to complete the activity. You can choose No due date, Within [number of] Days from the Assignment Date, or By a specified calendar date. For the purposes of this job aid we have chosen within 90 days of the assignment.
- Set your Time Zone.
- Set your This dropdown determines how important the activity is for the learner. They will see this on the activities summary page.
- Add Leaner Assignment Notes. These appear on the Learner’s activity summary page, along with your Activity Name, Additional Information, Requirement Details.
- Add Administrator Notes. These appear beside your activity in the Work space. Only administrators can view these notes.
- Click Ok.
- From the Management Audience Screen you can view that you have selected the correct audience for the assignment and Click Ok.
- Validate for production (not shown).
- Click to Move to production (not shown).