ETS has enabled OneDrive on all DES staff computers. This is phase two of the OneDrive migration project. Once your OneDrive is syncing on your computer, you will only see files that you have saved to your OneDrive from Teams and not the files you have in your personal folder (I drive). That is phase 3 of the migration project.
If you work in the office (onsite) at one of the DES locations (Jefferson, Fleet, Surplus, etc.), you will need to set up your OneDrive to sync for the first time. Once it syncs, you will be able to use your OneDrive without any more setup. Your personal files will migrate over at a later time. See instructions below.
If you work remotely, you will need to come to the office to sync your OneDrive for the first time or put in a ticket with DES IT Support and a technician will contact you with available times to setup your sync. The sync process in the office will take less than 15 minutes. The sync will take much longer to complete remotely. Submit a ticket for DES IT Support.
ONSITE STAFF, please follow the instructions below to set up your OneDrive sync. If you do not have the option to setup sync, restart your computer or contact DES IT Support.
- If you are using a laptop, please make sure you are connected to a docking station in the office. Do not connect to a wireless network.
- On the bottom right corner of your taskbar select the OneDrive (cloud) icon.
- Next, select the gear icon and select Settings.
- Select Manage backup.
- Toggle your Desktop and Documents to the on position and select Save Changes.
- Once you have selected Save Changes you should see a screen like this.
If you have any issues, please contact DES IT Support. Submit a ticket for DES IT Support