NOTE: DES Policy states that all USB devices that are plugged in to DES computers must be encrypted. DES IT Support 4U can help you with encrypting your USB device before using it.
- Open File Explorer (located in the Taskbar)
- After File Explorer is open, insert the USB device you want to scan.
- Once you have plugged in the USB device, it should appear in File Explorer. Look in the navigation pane on the left side of File Explorer for it. You can also click on “This PC” and it will show the USB Device.
- Once you see the device in File Explorer, Right Click (do not double click) on the device and choose Scan for threats from the menu.
- A dialog box will open and show you the progress of the scan and then the results.
- If the scan completes with 0 Detections, the USB device is safe to be used.
If the scan detects any threats, immediately remove the USB device from the computer and contact DES IT Support 4U.