- Outlook on the Web Guide -
There are several improvements to the web based mail application. The guide below will walk you through some of the more common tasks using Outlook on the Web. The mobile version is also very functional for both IOS and Android devices.
Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari) and enter the Outlook on the Web address. https://mobile.wa.gov
In the Outlook Web App box, enter your Windows Logon credentials. Domain\Username and Password. Example: eclient\johnd
Once you have logged in to mobile.wa.gov, you will see a different look. The previous version was Yellow and White and the new version is Blue and White.
To navigate in the new version, you can click on the Blue Square in the upper left hand corner. This will give you the option to view mail, calendar, people (contacts) and Tasks.
If you are NOT seeing the blue box in the upper left hand corner, you may be defaulting to the Light version of Outlook on the Web. To fix this issue, see the steps on the next page.
How to Turn off Light Version in Outlook on the Web
- Click the Gear Icon in the upper right hand corner of the page and choose Options.
- Scroll down and highlight “Light Version”.
- On the Light Version screen, if the box is checked next to “Use the light version of Outlook”, uncheck the box and click Save.
Sign out of Outlook on the Web and then log in again. You should now be viewing the new version of Outlook on the Web. You may need to close your browser and reopen it if you are still seeing the wrong version.
- To access your mailbox, choose “Mail” from the navigation button.
From the main “Mail” screen, you can manage your email just as you do in Outlook.
- In many areas of the Mail screen, you can find additional options by choosing the down caret.
- The layout of the menu bar on the Mail screen makes it easy to perform the most common tasks. You can also use the Search Bar to search through Mail and find People.
Composing a Message
- Select "New" from the main Mail menu bar.
- Enter the appropriate information in the new message fields.
- Include any necessary documents by selecting "Attach" from the menu bar.
- For additional e-mail options, choose the "•••" from the menu bar.
Creating a Subfolder in Your Mailbox
- From the menu bar on the left hand side, right click the folder that you would like to add a subfolder to.
- Choose "Create new folder".
- Enter a name for the new folder.
To access the Calendar; choose "Calendar" from the main navigation button.
Creating a New Event
- Select "New" from the menu bar
- Enter the details of the event
- To add people to the invite, enter the names under the People section on the right
- If you would like OWA to automatically send an e-mail reminder prior to the event, choose
"Add an email reminder"
- Attach files using the "Attach" option from the top menu bar
- When all of the necessary information is entered, choose "Save" from the top menu bar
Change the Calendar View
- From the main Calendar view, choose "Day", "Work Week", "Week" or "Month" from the options
in the upper right menu
- Choose "Today" to quickly jump to the current days view
Share Your Calendar
- From the main Calendar view, choose "Share”.
- Choose the people within the organization that you would like to share your calendar with
- Choose the level of detail you want the user to see from the drop down menu
- Choose "Send"
Open a Shared Calendar
- From the main Calendar view, right click on My Calendars
- Choose "Open Calendar"
- Enter the name of the person that has shared their calendar with you
- Choose "Open"
Your Contacts and now called "People". You can access “People” from the main navigation button.
From this section, you can create new Contacts and your own custom Contact groups. You can also search through your own personal contacts or the entire organization by using the "Search People" option in the upper left section of the screen.
Create a New Contact
- From the main People view, choose "New"
- Add the appropriate contact information to the "Add contact" form
- Choose "Save"
Create a New Contact List / Personal Distribution Group
- From the main People view, choose the down caret next to "New"
- Choose "Contact List"
- Enter the name of the list you want to create
- Add the names of the people you want included in the list. These can be company employees or your
own personal contacts.
- Choose "Save"
Setting Automatic Replies (Out of Office)
- Click on the gear icon and select Automatic replies.
- Select “Automatic Replies”. You have the option to either turn Automatic replies on immediately or schedule the Automatic Replies to reply during a certain time period.
- In the “Send a reply once…” box, add the verbiage to reply to senders inside your organization.
- You can also select to send automatic replies to senders outside my organization by checking the “Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization” box. Select whether to send only to sender in your Contacts list or to all external senders. We suggest you send internally and externally to all.
- Click “OK” once completed to save and set the automatic replies.