If the Credit Card Machine goes down, please perform the following steps:
- Reset the credit terminals
The easiest way to do this is by simply unplugging them from the wall. It is the large black power adapter. Wait 30 seconds and plug them back in. They will automatically go through the reboot process.
* If your issue is not resolved once the credit card terminals reboot continue on to step #2
- Hard reset the POS
Hold down the power button on the CPU for 30 seconds and the machine will power down, wait for 30 seconds then press the power button again to turn them back on. The POS will automatically go through the reboot process.
* If your issue is not resolved once the POS reboots continue on to step #3
- Call Ron Griffith with Signature Processing and let him know our terminals are down
Document the time you make the call to him.
Ron Signature - Ron@SignatureProcessing.com / 800.948.0525
- Create signage for the cashier windows and front door that say we are only able to accept cash payments right now and that our credit card machines are down.
- Notify Management that our credit card machines are down and the steps that have been taken so far.
- If the machines are down longer than 1 hour ask management to notify Dawn Clowers or DES Finance about the outage.
- When the machines come back up write a quick summary of the incident including a timeline and the actions taken, email it to Mellissa so that she can keep it for our records.