There are two ways to get your document from the printer back to your computer.
Scan to Email or Scan to your Personal Folder (I Drive). DES prefers to Scan to Folder.
DES prefers individuals use Scan to Folder as opposed to Scan to Email.
- Tap your badge on the card reader to login to the printer.
- You will know you are completely logged in once you see the screen with the FollowMe, Scanner and Copy icons illuminated along the top. There is about a 3-5 second delay before the Copy & Scanner buttons light up.
- Press the Scanner button (at the top) to choose your Scanning method.
- Click on Scan to Email (default) and it will open a drop-down box. This is where you will select Scan to Email or To Folder. Since you tapped your badge to login, you will only see your name listed in the Address Book. You must highlight your name in order to scan to email or a folder.
- You have the option to change the original settings before you send the document. Click Send Settings to change the settings. By default, the scanner will scan Black & White so if the original is color, you will need to change it to color in the Send Settings. You can change the DPI and orientation as well.
- Click the Start button to send your document to Email or your Personal folder.
(the start button will turn green when it is ready to send)