How to Set Up Your Soft Token
From your home PC (not a state issue PC) you will need to do the following:
- On your mobile device, download RSA SecurID Software app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.
- On your phone, open the email you received from IT4U and click on they hyperlink with your username (ex: johnz179). This will launch the RSA app and import your new token.
- Open up Internet Explorer. Enter this web address in the address bar or click this URL https://des.accesswork.wa.gov.
- In Internet Explorer, enter your DES account username in the Network Username field (example: johnz179) and your DES account password in the Network Password field.
- Click Logon
- In the field under VPN Token Username, enter your VPN token username (this was included in the email you received when you set up your soft token on your phone)
- Using the RSA app on your phone, leave the screen empty and tap the blue arrow to get a temporary token code.
- In the PIN + Token box, enter the 8 digit token code from your phone.
- Click Logon
- Create a new PIN and enter it twice. The PIN must be 5-8 digits and can NOT start with 0.
- You will receive a message to enter a new token code when the code changes on your phone. Disregard this message.
- Close the RSA app on your phone and reopen it. Enter your newly created PIN in the WaTech Remote Access field to generate a new token code.
- Enter the new token code on the website in the blank field and click Logon. You should now be connected and see your work PC listed.
How to Start a Session and Log Into Your PC (you must complete the token setup piece first. You will use the instructions below every time you want to connect with your soft token)
- Open the RSA app on your phone
- Enter your pin number in the box under WaTech Remote Access box
- Click on the blue arrow
Log Into the VPN Site
- On your PC, open Internet Explorer
- Enter this web address in the address bar https://des.accesswork.wa.gov
(You can’t save the link to your Favorites but you can make a desktop shortcut)
- Enter your DES account username in the Network Username field (example: johnz179)
- Enter your DES account password in the Network Password field.
- Click the Logon button
- Go to the RSA application on your phone and identify the numbers on the WaTech Remote Access screen.
- Back on the website, in the field under VPN Token Username, enter your VPN token username (this was included in the email you received when you set up your soft token on your phone)
- In the field under Pin + Token, enter the numbers listed on your phone
- Click Logon
Remote To Your PC At Work
- Click on the icon for your PC (RDP DESL10xxxxxx)
- When you get this pop up, click Open
- In the Remote Desktop Connection box, click Connect
- In the next Remote Desktop Connection box, click Yes
- On the Warning – Legal Notice screen, click OK
- On the normal PC login screen, enter your network login in the User name field
- Enter your network password in the password filed
- Click enter
How to End Your Session and Log Off
- In the remote desktop window click on the Windows Start button.
- Select Sign out. DO NOT shut down your PC or you will not be able to log back into it until you physically turn it back on at the office.
- Your remote desktop session will close
- Click the Logout button on the far right to end your session