DES-ETS is taking measures to ensure that we are securing our customers and our staff while using our Enterprise Licensed product, Zoom. Below is a list of just some of the measures ETS is taking:
- We are using an enterprise license model which includes all security feature and allows for global administration.
- The issues related to Zoom are issues with the free version and how people are configuring their meeting instance.
- We are using Single Sign-On and Active Directory Federated Services which authenticates our domain users to the Zoom licensed account.
- We have implemented all Office of Cybersecurity (OCS) guidelines for securing Zoom.
- ETS is creating documentation for policies, procedures and guidelines for our staff. This includes what is allowed for screen share, file transfer, records, recording, and more.
- ETS is taking security a step further and implementing global settings to ensure all meetings, chats, recordings, videos, screen shares, joining meetings, need to be manually done by our agency Zoom Users hosting the meeting. This step alleviates uninvited guests, chats or content to meetings.
If you have any concerns or questions in regards to Zoom Security,
please contact ETS Security Team: Robin Japhet or Paula Leap.