Before you can be enrolled in the new DES MDM program, you will need to wipe your mobile device. Many times our Contacts, Photos and Notes get stored locally on the mobile device instead of in the cloud or in Outlook.
How do I know where my Contacts are stored in Outlook and how do I save them?
- Open Outlook from a computer. At the bottom of the folder list on the left hand side, you will see shortcuts to Mail, Calendar, Contacts and more (3 dots). Click on the Contact icon.
- A list called My Contacts is now displayed. You may have several contact lists listed in My Contacts but you want to locate the one called "Contacts - firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Look at the Contacts on your mobile Device and compare them to contacts you see in Outlook. If you see the same contacts in both places, your contacts were backing up from your mobile device to Exchange (Outlook) and you will not lose your contacts after you wipe your device for MDM.
- If you do NOT see all of the contacts listed in Outlook on your computer, you will need to manually add them to Outlook (not on your mobile device). Add all of the contacts in Outlook to the "Contacts - email@example.com" list.
If you are using mobile.wa.gov, here is how to check your contacts:
- Launch https://mobile.wa.gov/ in your web browser.
- You will be automatically logged into your mailbox and you need to navigate to your contacts.
- Click on this icon in the upper left hand corner.
- Click on the People App
- Click on the down arrow to expand your Contact List
- Click on Contacts. You will see all of the Contacts that are listed in your mail account. Compare the contacts to the ones on your mobile device.
- Manually add any of the contacts that are on your mobile device to your Contacts folder in mobile.wa.gov if you would like to keep them.
How do I Save my Photos from my Mobile Device?
You will need to email your photos to your work email address. Here are the steps to do that.
- Open the Photos App on your mobile device.
- Click on the first photo you would like email and a menu pops up on the bottom. Click the icon with the up arrow.
- Once you have clicked on the icon, you will be able to select more photos to email at the same time. Click on each photo you want to add to the email and a blue circle with a check mark will appear. Do NOT attach more than 5 photos to your email or the email may not send.
- Click on the Mail icon at the bottom of the screen and enter your email address in the To: field.
- Hit the blue circle with the Up arrow to send your email. You will need to repeat this until you have emailed yourself all of the photos you wish to keep off of your mobile device.
How do I Save my Notes from my Mobile Device?
You will need to email your Notes to your work email address. Here are the steps to do that.
- Open the Notes app on your mobile device.
- Open the Note you would like to save and click the box with the Up Arrow.
- Click on the Mail app to prepare the email
- Enter an email address in the To: field and then send the email.