All mobile devices must be wiped in order to enroll in DES MDM. Below are the steps to wipe your device.
- Click on the Settings
- Click General and scroll to the bottom of the list. Click Reset.
- Click Erase All Content and Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPhone passcode, then click Erase iPhone. You will need to click Erase iPhone two times.
- If you get a Pop Up asking "Do you want to finish uploading then Erase or Erase now?", choose Erase Now.
- If you are prompted to enter an Apple ID Password we have set up a temporary password. The temporary password is Supp0rt4U!
- Your iPhone will begin the wipe process. This is generally a very quick process and shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- Once your iPhone restarts, you will need to select a Language (English) and then select a Country (United States).
- When the Quick Start menu comes up, Click Set up Manually to connect to your WiFi network. In the Jefferson Building, you will connect to the Sponsored Guest network and DES IT Support 4U will set this up for you.
ENROLLING YOUR DEVICE IN MDM:
Enrolling your device can take up to 20 minutes to complete. There are only a few steps to complete and the rest will be taken care of as your phone receives the new MDM policy.
- Click Next on the Remote Management screen.
- Enter your computer login username (ex: johnd179) in the username field and enter $upp0rt4U! in the password field. You must enter this fixed password. This password is only used to enroll your device in MDM and will not work for anything else. Click Next (upper right hand corner)
- Click Enable Location Services. This will start the process to load MaaS360 and other applications on your phone. This process takes about 10 minutes. You can use your phone while this process is running. We do not recommend moving applications around on the screens and making any changes while you are waiting for MDM policies to load because once the policies finish loading, your phone will be set to the new MDM screens and some of the applications will be removed.
- When you get a prompt to allow MaaS360 access to your location. Choose Always Allow.