If you would like to set up a faster way to log in to your mobile device (iPhone), you can use either FaceID.
Set up Face ID
Before you set up Face ID, make sure that there isn't anything covering the camera or your face. Face ID is designed to work with glasses and contacts. Face ID works best when your iPhone is approximately an arm’s length or closer (10-20 inches) from your face.
To set up Face ID:
- Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode. If asked, enter your passcode.
- Tap Set Up Face ID.
- Make sure that you're holding your device in portrait orientation, position your face in front of your device, and tap Get Started.
- Position your face inside the frame and gently move your head to complete the circle. If you're unable to move your head, tap Accessibility Options.
- When you finish the first Face ID scan, tap Continue.
- Gently move your head to complete the circle for a second time.
- Tap Done.
To choose features that you want to use Face ID with or reset Face ID, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.