Two-step verification (also known as Multi Factor Authentication or MFA) is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.
You will only need to set up the two-step verification one time. From within the SGN, you will be signed on automatically using your network credentials.
Set up your account
- Open a web browser and go to https://aka.ms/mfasetup
- Log in using your firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be directed to the State of WA portal. Type in your network password and click Sign-In.
- You will be prompted to select an account. Click on your account (your email address).
- Click on “Set it up now” button.
- You will be prompted to enroll (select) the “Additional security verification.”
- If you select Authentication phone, click on the “Select your country or region” drop down and select “United States (+1)”.
- Type in your phone number.
- Select “Send me a code by text message”
- Click Next.
- Type in the code that was text to your phone
- Click Verify.
- Click Cancel to skip, there settings don’t apply. Do not fill in anything