Now that you are enrolled in DES's MDM solution, here are some tips on using the MaaS360 App.
USING THE MaaS360 APP:
Your device now has an App called MaaS360. This app containerizes all of your personal Applications such as Mail, Contacts and Calendar into one simple to use container.
- In the frosted bar at the bottom of your Home Screen, you will see three icons. You’re messaging App, Phone App and the new MaaS360 App. Click on the MaaS360 App to launch it.
- The IBM MaaS360 App is the container which stores all of your Apps in one place. You will always launch Email, Calendar and Contacts from the MaaS360 App.
- You will still use the Text Messaging App from the main page and not the Messages App from inside the MaaS360 application.
- Click on the Email App inside the MaaS360 Application. Enter your password (the password you use to log in to your work account) and click Sign in. You will only need to enter your login information the first time you use the App.
- Open the Calendar and Contacts Apps to start populating your Calendar and Contacts information from Exchange. This may already be populating before you launch the applications.
- Email, Calendar and Contacts are pulled from the Server so they will always match your Outlook profile. These apps perform the same way the Mail, Calendar and Contacts Apps used to work on your mobile device prior to enrolling in MDM.
- The Tasks and Notes Apps will sync with your Outlook profile in Exchange. Anything you add to these apps will appear in Outlook and be backed up with your mail account.
- At this time, DES will not be using the Docs, Editor or Message Apps within the MaaS360 App.
NAVIGATING THE EMAIL APPLICATION INSIDE THE MaaS360 APP:
- Open the Email When you are finished using the application and you want to return to the main MaaS360 screen, you can do so by clicking the 3 little blue lines in the upper left hand corner. You will be returned to the MaaS360 main page.
- Navigating the Email App is a little different in MaaS360. In order to see your Email folders, you need to click on the Inbox (Outbox) label at the top of the screen.
- Click Edit to edit which folders you see in the list. Just a place a check mark next to the folders you want to add to your folder list.
NAVIGATING TO OTHER APPLICATIONS FROM THE MaaS360 APP:
- If you would like to switch from the App you are using to another app within the MaaS360 App, you can do so by clicking on the 3 colored dots found on the lower right side of the page.
- A menu will appear with icons matching each of the available applications you can switch to. Clicking the X will just close the menu and you will remain in the current application you are in.
Click Next to get more tips on finishing the setup of your Mobile Device.