Starting August 1st, Zoom will require that all meetings have a Passcode or a Waiting Room enabled.
The following guide will walk you through making the changes to your Zoom account. Please make these changes to all of your already scheduled meetings as well as any meeting going forward to ensure that all of your Zoom meetings will be secure. You will want to make all of these changes by July 31st in order to ensure your scheduled meetings will meet the new requirements.
- Navigate to https://des-wa.zoom.us/
- Click Sign in and select the Settings tab located on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down and turn OFF Enable Personal Meeting ID. You will receive a pop-up warning and just confirm by clicking Turn Off.
- Turn ON Require a password when scheduling new meetings.
- Settings should now appear like the image below:
- Select the Meetings tab located on the left side of the page. Any upcoming Meetings with a red exclamation point or the message Personal Meeting ID is disabled in the Meeting ID Column will need to be opened and updated in Outlook. You do not need to make any changes to scheduled meetings using the Zoom portal.
Edit/Update Meeting Requests in Outlook
- Open the meeting in Outlook, click Change Settings on the ribbon.
- In the following window, confirm that Generated ID is checked and the check the box next to Require meeting password and it will generate a random password for the meeting.
- Click Continue and the meeting invite will be updated with a new Meeting ID and password.
- Be sure to click Send Update so that all previously invited participants receive the updated link.
- This will need to be done for all upcoming meetings with a red exclamation point or the message Personal Meeting ID is disabled