The Do Not Disturb While Driving feature on your device is handy for more than not being bothered while driving. This is what you’ll be using to set up the automatic text replies.
Open Settings on your iPhone and follow these steps
- On the main Settings screen, select Do Not Disturb.
- Under Phone, tap Allow Calls From and select No One.
- Tap Back and select Auto-Reply To. Choose All Contacts.
- Tap Back and select Auto-Reply. Type in the message that you would like your callers and recipients to receive.
- You should also make sure that the Do Not Disturb While Driving option is set to Manually so that you can enable it when you want to, rather than automatically.
Do Not Disturb While Driving in Control Center
Next, use the Control Center with the Do Not Disturb While Driving button. To add the button, follow these simple steps.
- Open Settings and choose Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Tap the plus sign next to Do Not Disturb While Driving to move it from the bottom to the top under Include. Optionally, you can tap and drag it where you would like it in the list.
Once you have this set up, your automatic replies will be sent to everyone who calls or texts you. You can let people know you’re out of office, on furlough, or simply unavailable and will get back to them when you return.
**You will need to turn DND on and off manually using the control center. Just click the car icon and it will enable/disable DND. If you do not know how to access the control center on your iPhone, see the steps below:
How to open and close Control Center
- On an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen. To close, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or tap the screen.
- On an iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. To close, tap the top of the screen or press the Home button.
See more info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202769