Why do I need the Authenticator App? Microsoft Authenticator is a security app used for two-factor authentication. This app is necessary in order to use the Outlook App on your state issued mobile device.
What do I need to do before installing the Authenticator App? You MUST set your account up for multi-factor-authentication. Click Here to set up MFA now.
FROM A COMPUTER (after MFA has been completed):
- Click here to bring up the WaTech Authentication QR Code page provided by WaTech. This code will allow you to set up the Authenticator App with your DES account.
- You will be taken to the Additional Security Verification page. Check the box next to Authenticator app or Token and Click Set up Authenticator App.
- The Configure mobile app window will appear with a QR code. Leave this screen up and visible. You will need it to complete the Authenticator App setup.
FROM THE AUTHENTICATOR APP ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE:
- If you do not see the Authenticator App already installed on your state issued mobile device, you can download it from the App Catalog.
- Once the app is downloaded, launch the Authenticator app.
- Click Add account.
- You will receive a Pop Up that says "Do you have a backup", click continue.
- Under Accounts, click Work or school account.
- Click OK to allow Authenticator to access the camera. A new screen will pop up with Scan QR Code and a camera window.
- Scan the QR code that is visible on your Computer screen. Once the camera detects the QR code it will automatically open the Account screen in the Authenticator App.
- Click OK to the non-personally identifiable usage data popup (if you get it, not everyone does).
- Your state account is now added to the Authenticator App. When you click on Washington State Executive Branc..., you will see your email address.
- Click on > next to your email address to see the details of your authenticated account. The One-time password code will be used to log in to Applications such as Outlook.
If you would like to set up the Outlook App on your state issued mobile device, please click here for instructions.