Microsoft Authenticator is a security app used for two-factor authentication.
**NOTE: Before you can set up the Authenticator App, you MUST set your account up for multi-factor-authentication with WaTech. Click Here to set up MFA now.
Set Up the Authenticator App on your State Issued Mobile Device
- If you do not see the Authenticator App already installed on your state issued mobile device, you can download it from the App Catalog.
- Once the app is downloaded, launch the Authenticator app.
- Click Add account.
- If you receive a Pop Up that says "Do you have a backup", click continue.
- Click OK to allow Authenticator to access the camera.
- Click OK to the non-personally identifiable usage data popup.
- You will need to scan a QR code provided by WaTech in order to set up your state account with the Authenticator App. WaTech Authentication QR Code.
- You may get a pop up asking how you want to verify your account. If you do, have a text sent to your state issued mobile device.
- Enter the code you received in the text message and click OK.
- Click on Set up Authenticator app next to Authenticator App or Token
- A screen with a QR code will open. From your mobile device, scan the QR code with the Authenticator App. It will close immediately and take you back to the Authenticator App.
- Your state account is now added to the Authenticator App. When you click on Washington State Executive Branc..., you will see the items in the screenshot below.