These directions will only work if you have the Mobile Hotspot enabled on your mobile device. For state issued mobile devices, please contact IT4U to get the mobile hotspot added to your plan. The cost is $5/month. If you are using your personal device, you will need to check with your carrier for rates.
ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE:
- Open the Settings App.
- Click on Personal Hotspot.
- Toggle the switch to green (on).
- Take note of the Wi-Fi Password because that is what you will use to connect to the WiFi network from your laptop.
ON YOUR LAPTOP:
- Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
- Select the desired wireless network connection (it should say Verizon in the name).
- Enter the password you noted from your mobile phone.
- Be sure and launch Big-IP to connect to VPN if you need to access any network folders.