Windows 7 - Backup Internet Explorer Favorites to your Home Drive (I Drive)
- Open File Explorer
- Browse to Windows (C:) and double click to open it.
- Click on Users, then click your user name, then click Favorites.
- Select CTRL + A to select all of your Favorites at one time. If they are blue, they are highlighted and ready to copy.
- Select CTRL + C to copy the highlighted Favorites.
- Now you will browse to your HomeDir (I Drive) to paste the Favorites into your Network folder.
- With File Explorer still open, click on your network Home Drive. (\\des\home1\yourusername (I:))
- Click on the Favorites folder located in your Home Drive folder.
- Right click and choose Paste from the menu. This will paste all of the Favorites you copied above in step 5 to your Network Favorites folder.
- You are all done. All of your Internet Explorer Favorites have been moved to your network folder.
When you get your new computer, here are the steps to copy your favorites back to your new computer Favorites folder.