When you were migrated to the new DES Domain a year ago, your desktop files and your Internet favorites were no longer backed up. To prepare for your upcoming new PC deployment, please copy all of your Desktop Files to your Home Drive (I Drive)
HOW TO COPY YOUR DESKTOP FILES TO YOUR HOMEDIR (I DRIVE)
- Open File Explorer.
- Under Computer, click on Windows (C:).
- Click on Users, Your username, and then Desktop to access all of your desktop files.
- Press CTRL + A on your keyboard to select all of the files and folders currently saved on your desktop.
- After you have copied all of the files, you will need to paste them to your HomeDir (I Drive). Click on your user name (example: jeannies179).
- Right click on Desktop and choose Paste. The folder has a backup of all of your favorites from last year so when prompted to overwrite, choose Yes.
- Now you have copied all of your Desktop files to the network. When you get your new PC, you can copy them back or you can leave them on your Home Drive (I Drive) where they are always backed up. IT4U will help you move your files or create a shortcut to them after the migration.