For an Account Password that has NOT Expired, follow the directions below. If you are getting a message from BIG-IP (like the screenshot below), click here to follow those instructions.
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long, include 1 number, 1 special character, Upper and lower case. The same password can be used again after 5 cycles.
**Note - You will get prompted a week before your password expires that it is going to expire. If you do not restart your PC during the week, you may not see the prompt. We recommend you restart your PC at least once a week.
- Using Big-IP, confirm you are connected to the State Government Network (SGN) with VPN.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Change Password menu. You will not be able to view these instructions once you press CTRL-ALT-DEL so you may want to review steps 2-6 before proceeding.
- Click on Change a password
- Enter your current account password in box 1, then enter the new password in box 2 and confirm the new password in box 3. Click on the right arrow (step 4 in the diagram below) to finish the password change.
- You will get a pop up that says Changing Password and when it is done, it will let you know your password has been changed and to click OK. Click OK.
- You will be returned to the desktop main screen. DO NOT sign off of your computer yet.
- Find the icon located on your Desktop called PWD-Sync and double click on it.
- In the Windows PowerShell credential request box, confirm the User name is correct and enter your new password in the Password box. Click OK.
- If you entered your new password correctly into PW-Sync, you will receive a screen like the one below. This screen means your password was successfully changed and you will need to Sign-Off of your computer and sign in with your new password.
- If you receive a Pop-Up with RED writing in it and it opens and closes quickly, you did NOT enter your new password correctly and you will need to enter it again. To enter the password again, click on the PW-Sync shortcut again and enter your new password.