Your DES account password will expire every 90 days. To avoid being locked out of your account, you will need to change your password prior to the 90 days. If you use a shared computer and do not regularly log in to a PC with your own DES account, DES-ETS recommends setting a reminder for yourself to change your password about every 70 days. That will keep you from getting locked out of your account.
**Remember - if you are not in the office and are working on VPN, the process to change your password will be different. Click this link for instructions on VPN.
Passwords must be at least 8characters long, include 1 number, 1 special character, Upper and lower case.
CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD (while connected to the network and not on VPN)
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the Change Password menu. You will not be able to view these instructions once you press CTRL-ALT-DEL so you may want to review steps 2-6 before proceeding.
- Click on Change a password
- Enter your current account password in box 1, then enter the new password in box 2 and confirm the new password in box 3. Click on the right arrow (step 4 in the diagram below) to finish the password change.
- You will get a pop up that says Changing Password and when it is done, it will let you know your password has been changed and to click OK. Click OK.
- You password is now updated to the new one. You will need to log off of your account and back on with your new password.
**Reminder: You may NOT use the same password that you used the last 5 times. You will need to make the new password something different.