These instructions are for Office 2016 & 2019. If you are using Office Pro Plus, use the link below.
If you would like to prevent someone from forwarding an email you sent to them, you can follow the steps below to block the email from being forwarded on.
1) Open Microsoft Outlook Account
- Launch Microsoft Outlook application and log in to your account.
- Next, click on the ‘New Email’ button, located just below the ‘File’ tab.
2) Expand Permissions Menu
- When the Message window opens, type something in the main body of the window and switch to the ‘Options’ tab.
- Go to the ‘Permission’ section, hit the drop-down arrow located below it to expand the menu.
3) Check ‘Do not forward’ option
- From the list of options displayed under ‘Permission’ menu, choose ‘Do not forward’ option.
- Once done, an information message will appear on your computer screen bearing the following message – ‘Do not forward – Recipient can read this message, but cannot forward, print, or copy content. The conversation owner has full permission to their message and replies. Permission granted by [Sender]…
Now, When someone receives an email that has been marked as ‘Do Not Forward’, the email in his/her inbox will display a symbol (red circle with a minus sign), indicating that the email is restricted.