When Outlook is installed on your computer, you will see two tabs in the inbox section:
Microsoft will categorize your email to these sections. Anything that is sent directly to you will appear in Focused. All other email will be displayed in Other.
To turn off this function and have all email appear in one Inbox.
- Go to View.
- Click on Show Focused Inbox.
1. From your inbox, select the Focused or Other tab, and then right-click the message you want to move.
2. If you're moving from Focused to Other, select Move to Other if you want only the selected message moved. Select Always Move to Other if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Other
3. If you're moving from Other to Focused, select Move to Focused if you want only the selected message moved. Select Always Move to Focused if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Focused tab.
1. Press your picture or initials at the top of the Inbox.
2. At the bottom of the screen, select the Tools / Settings
3. In the Settings, toggle the Focused Inbox to Off by sliding the level to the left.
The Search function is at the top of the tool bar. When you click in the search field, a new menu opens with options to help search. You have the ability to search the current mail box, folders, or all mailboxes by changing the drop down at the right of the search field.
If you search “All Mailboxes”, there is an indicator showing what folder/mailbox contains the email.
One of the new features of M365 is the ability to save and collaborate documents with co-workers. This involves the use of M365 OneDrive, Teams or SharePoint Online. However, these applications are not yet supported by ETS so some of the new features will not be available at this time. The applications will be introduced in later phases of M365.
When you save a new document, the default location is OneDrive. Please do not use this location to save your documents. Instead, use the Browse icon to drill down to either your “I” drive or your Program’s shared network drive.
VPN: Be sure to be on VPN (BIG IP Edge Client) to save files to network drives.
NOTE: Do not save documents to your local “C” drive or your desktop. Your PC’s hard drive is not on the network and is not backed up. Documents will be lost in the event your PC is damaged.
Office applications are set to save to your local “C” drive by default. The default should be changed to your “I” drive or another network drive.
1. When you open Word or Excel, before opening a document, click Options at the bottom of the left navigation bar.
2. Click Save.
3. Click Browse in the AutoRecovery file location and Default local file location fields to select your “I” drive.
1. In all applications, when you see “…”, it indicates the tool bar, or menu, can be expanded.
2. Collapsed Toolbar Ribbons –
a. If you prefer to view tool bar Ribbon Titles only, click the up arrow at the far right of the Toolbar.
3. When collapsed, click on the tool bar title to open the Ribbon.
4. When you click anywhere else on the screen, the Ribbon will collapse once more.
5. f you prefer to keep the Ribbon open, click the pin icon at the far right of the Toolbar.
Not really new for M365: But if you want to jazz up your emails with emojis:
Disclaimer: Remember to keep your correspondence professional.
The new emoji keyboard in Windows 10 lets you express yourself like never before. To use it:
- During text entry, type Windows logo key + . (period). The emoji keyboard will appear.
- Select an emoji with the mouse, or keep typing to search through the available emojis for one you like.
In Word and Outlook, Microsoft has made it easier to enter icons, stock images and stickers to your work.
1. on Insert.
2. Then on Icons.
3. You will see a library of stock images, icons, people, stickers and illustrations.
Microsoft offers lots of videos and “how to” documents on their website. Please note, not all features are available on the government license of M365.
There are also great courses at www.linkedin.com/learning