If you are working remotely and you receive the screen below while trying to connect to VPN (BIG-IP), follow the instructions below to get your password changed without having to come in to the office and connect to the network.
- In the box asking for New Password, enter a New password twice. DO NOT RESTART after you have entered the new password. Proceed to step 2 and follow the rest of the instructions.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and choose Lock.
- Sign back in with New Password (the one you just changed in the BIG-IP).
- After you are logged back on, find the icon located on your Desktop called PWD-Sync and double click on it.
- In the Windows PowerShell credential request box, confirm the User name is correct and enter your new password in the Password box. Click OK.
- If you entered your new password correctly into PW-Sync, you will receive a screen like the one below. This screen means your password was successfully changed and you will need to Sign-Off of your computer and sign in with your new password.
- If you receive a Pop-Up with RED writing in it and it opens and closes quickly, you did NOT enter your new password correctly and you will need to enter it again. To enter the password again, click on the PW-Sync shortcut again and enter your new password.