M365 Office ProPlus will be installed by the User using DESIT4U Self Service Portal.
- Be sure you are connected to Big-IP Edge (VPN).
- Save and close all Office applications (including Outlook) before beginning installation.
- Keep all Office applications closed during installation!!
- Allow 15 – 20 minutes for Standard Office install.
- If you currently have MS Visio and/or MS Project, you will see separate installation options in your Self Service Portal. These are separate applications that will require additional time to install. Allow 10 – 15 to install each application.
- Do not use Office applications during the installation process. This will cause the installation process to fail.
- Click the Start menu / Windows icon (lower left corner of screen).
- Select DES IT4U Self Service Portal – it will be listed alphabetically under “D”.
- Self Service Portal will display.
- It may take a moment to come up.
- If it does not display immediately, check your tool bar for the ETS icon. Click on the icon and the window will display.
- All Users will see a line item for M365 DES Standard.
- Some Users will also see MS Visio and/or MS Project.
- Please ignore any other lines that are not related to M365.
- If you do not see M365 DES Standard, please contact Sarah Mollas and Patrice Littleton
- Click on Install for M365 DES Standard.
NOTE: If you have installation files for MS Visio and/or MS Project, you must install those after the standard package is complete.
- During the installation process, the indicator will show “Processing” and will have a green status bar running.
This process may take up to 20 minutes. The process will close and uninstall Office 2016, then install M365 Office Pro Plus.
- Do not open any application during the installation process.
- If the installation fails, please click Install again. If it fails a second time, please contact ETS IT4U
- Install M365 Standard before installing MS Visio or MS Project.
- Once installation is complete, the Self Service Portal will indicate successful completion.
- You may close the Self Service Portal.
- Click on Windows Start button and the new applications will display under “Recently added” at the top of the menu.
- If you had shortcuts on the taskbar for the previous Office applications, the icons will be replaced with icons that resemble a sheet of paper.
- To remove these icons, hover over the icon, right-click and select “Unpin from taskbar”.
- To add M365 Office application to the taskbar, locate the application on the Windows Start Menu.
- Hover over and right-click on the item.
- Hover over “More”.
- Click “Pin to taskbar”.
- You may also Pin to the Start Menu by right clicking on the item.
- After the installation, if you see this error message, please contact IT4U. They will have to correct this issue by logging on to your workstation.
- It has to do with a Logitech driver that does not appear to be connected to M365. However, a few of our pilot group users have experienced the error after restarting their workstations.
- No users have experienced any change in performance.