Complete your edits before you sign. The signed agreement is certified by Adobe Acrobat Sign. Edits to the signed agreement will lose the certification.
An email is sent to the signers asking them to sign the agreements. Once signed, both you and your signers receive the signed PDF by email. You can track the entire signing process in Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC from Home > For Signature.
- Open the PDF form in Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, and then choose Tools > Request E-signatures.
- The Request Signatures window is displayed. Do the following:
- In the Signers field, add recipient email addresses in the order you want the document to be signed.
- Change the default text in the Subject & Message area as appropriate.
Optional: If you want to add more people just for information, use the Add CC button to add their email addresses to the CC list.
- If you want to add more documents, click Add Files and then browse and select the documents.
If you don't want to use the Advanced Options, skip the next optional step.
(Optional) Click More Options, if you want to specify advanced options, such as signer authentication, reminders, and more.
- By default, the Complete in Order setting is turned on. The numbers by the email addresses reflect the participation order. If you do not want to follow any particular order for signing, toggle the switch to Complete In Any Order.
(Optional) Click Add Me, if you want to be included as a signer of the document.
- Specify authentication type like Email, Password, Social Identity, Knowledge-Based Authentication, or Phone.
- Password Protectthe PDF file.
- Set a Completion Deadline.
- Set Reminderfor the recipients to take action.
- Specify the Recipient's Languagein the email sent.
More or Advanced Options
- Click Specify Where to Signor Next.
The document is now ready for adding fields that you want the signers to fill in or sign.
Note: If you have added multiple documents, the documents are converted into PDFs and combined into a single file. The combined file is opened for you to add appropriate fields.
- The Specify Where to Fill & Sign window is displayed showing options based on whether you have added one signer or multiple signers.
- Simplified mode for single signer
If you've added one signer, the Advanced Edting mode is off, and you see the simplified option as shown below. To place a signature or another field, click at the desired location in the document and then set the field's properties from its context menu.
- Simplified mode for multiple signers
This mode provides simplified authoring with the capability of assigning fields to multiple signers. When you select a signer from the right pane and add fields in the form, the fields are assigned to the signer. That means those fields will be available to the signer for filling the information and signing the form.
- Simplified mode for single signer
You can switch the assignee of any field using the floating toolbar. The assigned colors to the signers make it easy to distinguish the fields for respective signers.
Choose the field type
- Advanced mode for multiple signers
If you've added multiple signers, you see the options as shown below. Click the button to place the detected form fields in the PDF document. Alternatively, drag fields from the tabs in the right pane and drop the fields where desired in the document.
You can switch between simplified mode and advanced mode for multiple signers. To switch mode, turn off the Advanced Editing switch in the right-pane.
- When you've placed all desired fields in the document, click Send. The document is sent for signature to the recipients and a confirmation notice is displayed.
You receive an email from Adobe Acrobat Sign stating that the agreements have been sent to the first signer for signature. The first signer also receives an email with a link to sign the agreement. When the signer adds his or her signature in the signature field and then clicks the Click to sign button, the agreement is sent to the next signer with a link to sign, and so on. Once the agreement is signed by all the signers, everyone gets a copy of the signed agreement.
All your signed documents are kept at one place and you can access them from anywhere. For more information, see the Track documents sent for signature.
A signer receives an email with a link to sign the agreement. Also, if the signer uses Acrobat DC or Acrobat Reader DC desktop application, the signer sees a notification that an agreement has been shared for signing. For more information, see Sign an agreement.
Signers are not required to sign up or purchase any Adobe product to sign agreements. They can sign agreements using a web browser, mobile device, or Acrobat DC / Acrobat Reader DC desktop application.
Track agreements sent for e-signature
Available in Acrobat DC
You can track which agreements are out for signature, signed, or waiting for your signature.
INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM USERS
Go to Home > Sign > All Agreements. All the documents shared for signature are listed.
- In the Home> Sign > All Agreements, click Open Acrobat Sign.
- The Acrobat Sign Manage page is displayed in a new browser window.