- Open the Files tab in the General channel for your Team
- Open in SharePoint by clicking “Open in SharePoint”
- In SharePoint, select the Settings icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Select Library settings.
- On the Settings page, under Permissions and Management, select Apply label to items in this list or library.
- On the Apply Label page, select the drop-down box, then select the label that you want to apply.
The label you select will be automatically applied to all new files added any of the Teams Channels’ Files.
(See Common Records and their Retention Labels for more information about what labels to use)
- Optional: To automatically apply the label to all files currently in the Team, select Apply label to existing items in the library.
- Select Save.