Polls can be created by the organizer or any presenter. Polls can be added before or during a meeting. The poll creator can launch the poll before, during or after the meeting.
Create a poll and then launch it before, during, or after your meeting
- In Teams, select Calendar.
- Find the meeting you've scheduled for which you want to add polls and click or tap it.
- Select: Add a tab
- Search for and select Forms or Polls, and then click or tap Add.
- Select Polls. Then Save. A new Polls tab will be added to your meeting.
- Select: Create New Poll, and then choose the type of poll. There are currently 4 types available. Microsoft has plans to release other types.
- Multiple Choice Poll - Create your question or statement, and then provide answer options (up to 12) from which your audience can choose.
- Multiple Choice Quiz - Mark a correct answer for your multiple choice quiz. You can have a single option as a correct answer, or more than one if you select Multiple answers.
- Rating – Gain insight from participants reactions.
- Ranking – Allow respondents to rank items
- Add your questions and answer options.
- As appropriate for your meeting, select Share results automatically after voting and/or Keep responses anonymous.
- Select Save. This will save your poll as a draft until you're ready to launch it during your meeting.
- Note: You'll see DRAFT marked in green in the upper left corner of your poll to indicate it hasn't been launched yet.
- To create more polls for your meeting, select Create New.
- Note: To change the order of the polls, click or tap and hold a poll, and then drag it into the position you want.
- Once the meeting starts, the poll creator will see a Poll icon at the top of the screen
- You can launch a poll using either of these methods:
- In the Polls tab, select Launch on the poll for which you want responses. You can do this before, during, or after your meeting.
- Select the Polls icon in your meeting window, which will open a Polls pane. Select Launch on the poll for which you want responses.
- Meeting attendees will see your question and answer options in a poll notification that appears in the middle of their meeting screen.
Once attendees pick their answer, they'll select Submit and you'll be able to see their responses immediately. Meeting attendees also have the option of not participating in the poll by closing the poll notification that appears in the middle of their meeting screen without picking an answer nor selecting Submit.
- Note: Only meeting owners and presenters can create, manage, and launch polls. Meeting attendees have the ability to respond to polls, but can't edit them. All DES staff are default presenters in Teams meetings.