Any Teams meeting recording will automatically be set to expire 3 years after the date of the recording. If you need to retain the recording longer than 3 years, follow the directions below:
1. Locate recording in the Teams channel or Teams chat
2. Click Open in SharePoint (located top center)
3. Select recording (only one at a time)
4. In the flyout to the right, change Expiration date*
*Note you can instead choose apply a Retention Label (see How to Apply Retention Labels).
- For more information about common meeting retention periods, see Common Meeting Recordings Retention.
- When a recording is deleted due to the expiration setting, the owner of the recording will be notified via email.